When Mathilde Labrouche from Coté Pierre and I get together we eat, drink champagne, talk, laugh tons and combine our various found objects.
Whilst Jean-Marc and I go to Africa and Asia, Mathilde, amongst many other projects, travels to Eastern Europe hunting down antique and vintage objects. She transforms some of them into amazingly contemporary objects such as her lamps (3). Other pieces, quite on the contrary, she leaves exactly as she found them, and the beauty of time is thus conserved (13).
1. Juju hat standard size white 2. Juju hat small size white 3. Vintage bottle lamp
4. Mirror 19th century 40 cm x 57 cm 5. Mirror 19th century 50 cm x 88 cm 6. Vintage glass bowl
7. Juju hat small fuschia 8. Juju hat mini fuschia 9. Bramble basket 10. Linen dyed rust red
11. Linen dyed amber yellow 12. Gold tafta textile 60 cm x 230 cm 13. Chair 19th century gold painted 14. French Directoire table cherry wood
15. Juju hat standard size orange 16. Juju hat small size natural brown
17. Bird painting gouache 18. Linen dyed indigo blue 19. Tikka box
1. Juju hat standard size white 20. Napoleon III Mirror 19th century
21. Mirror 19th century mercury glass 31. Linen natural off-white
1. Juju hat standard size white 22. Napoleon III gold frame 23. Vintage glass jar
31. Linen natural off-white
24. Juju hat mini size red 25. Mirror early 20th century green 26. Mirror end 19th century light green
27. Mirror end 19th century dark green 28. Wooden shoe form 29. Wooden cap form